Aquarius Water Conditioning Blog
Why Are Water Softeners Good for Your Skin?
Does your home have hard water? If so, you’re probably experiencing problems with your skin and hair. Living in a home without a water softener doesn’t fare well for your skin, which is why every home with hard water should have one!
How Hard Water Hurts Your Skin
- Hard water contains more minerals than soft water (conditioned water) does. These minerals absorb the skin’s natural oils, breaking down its natural barrier.
- Dry skin will result from the constant use of hard water, which will lead to other types of skin conditions.
- When dry skin advances, cracks can develop. Now your skin is susceptible to allergens and bacteria. This is how eczema is usually developed.
- Not only does hard water increase a person’s chances of developing conditions like eczema, it will also further aggravate the symptoms. (Talk about a lose-lose!)
- The same minerals that cause dry skin can also combine with soap to create a soap scum. Soap scum can clog pores and leave a scummy residue on your skin and hair.
How Water Softeners Help Your Skin
- Once hard water is conditioned and transformed into soft water, all of the harmful minerals will no longer be coming into contact with your skin and hair.
- The softening of water and removal of minerals will prevent soap scum from being produced, allowing your pores to remain unclogged.
- The lack of minerals will also prevent your skin from drying out and developing any sort of skin condition, like eczema.
- Since your body’s natural oils won’t be stripped away, your skin and hair will remain soft, smooth, and shiny!
A home without a water softener will leave your family with skin and hair that’s in poor health. When you’re interested in installing a new water softener or whole house filtration system, contact Aquarius Water Conditioning. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 1-888-741-9025.