Aquarius Water Conditioning Blog
These Must-Know Dehydration Facts Are The Real Deal
May 16th, 2018 Aquarius Blog
Dehydration is a serious medical condition and a common one at that. In fact, an estimated 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated, and may not even know it. Interestingly enough though, it’s one of the few serious ailments that can be easily treated and avoided altogether with proper care and mindfulness. As they always say, education is the key to prevention — so without further ado, here are a few of the most important facts you should know regarding hydration and the effects of dehydration.
The Facts About Dehydration Signs & Symptoms
- Fatigue is a common sign of dehydration. If you’re tired all the time, no matter how much rest you get, there’s a good chance your body is dehydrated. In fact, dehydration is said to be the #1 cause of midday fatigue and is particularly evident in young people.
- If you’re thirsty, it’s too late. Once your body starts triggering thirst, that means you’ve already become dehydrated enough for it to do so. According to many experiments, just 1-2% dehydration can trigger the thirst response — so drink up before this occurs!
- Anxiety, memory loss, and irritability will ensue. That’s right! Keeping your body hydrated can help keep all three at bay. Drink your way to a more concentrated, confident you with your daily dose of water.
- Drinking water boosts your metabolism. Not only will you feel great, but when you’re properly hydrated you’ll look great too. Dehydration can make your skin dull and your metabolism sluggish. However, one study found that drinking cold water could boost metabolic rate by 30%.
- Dehydration is a common cause of kidney stones. If you’ve ever experienced kidney stones, you can attest to how painful they can be. But did you know that keeping hydrated can help prevent them? Whether you’ve never gotten them or are prone to them, drink up for prevention!
The moral of this story? Drink more water!
Check out some simple ways to drink more water, and get a load of our hydration tips to live by. While you’re at it, why not make drinking water even more enticing with a whole house water filtration system?
Contact a water specialist online or call toll-free: 1-888-741-9025 for a free quote and in-home water analysis.