Aquarius Water Conditioning Blog
The Benefits of Water Softening
The idea of “softer water” certainly sounds nice, but you may not know what you’re actually in store for when you purchase a water softening system. Here’s a hint: Heavenly, magical, convenience and so much more.
It might be hard to believe, but something as simple as installing a water softening system in your home can be so life-changing, but we promise it will be! Aside from being able to boast to friends and family about having pure, clean water on demand, you’ll also enjoy some pretty nifty perks as well.
8 Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
- Less Cleaning: Let’s be honest, scrubbing away those rust rings and that soap scum residue are really not your cup of tea. Neither is running the dishwasher over and over or hand buffing spotted glasses and silverware. Water softeners remove mess-causing minerals, so your cleaning burden will lighten significantly.
- Spotless Showers: Imagine what that leftover soapy residue can do to your shower tiles and tub. You guessed it — that all-too-familiar residue ring, yuck. Softer water will wash away shampoo and soap completely, leaving your bathroom fixtures cleaner for longer.
- Softer Laundry: The minerals found in hard water can harden and cake on during the wash and dry cycle. They can also cause clothes, towels and sheets to dull or yellow over time. If you prefer soft, vibrant linens, fluffy towels, and cozy clothing, a water softening system is your best option.
- Silky Hair & Skin: Your body will benefit from soft water too, particularly your skin and hair. Without that icky film, skin and hair will be softer and stronger. Don’t you want to feel squeaky clean after your morning shower?
- Longer-Lasting Appliances: It’s not just your clothes or dishes that are affected by hard water, but the machines that wash them as well. Over time, minerals can build up in your dishwasher and washing machine, hindering their ability to function efficiently.
- Clearer Plumbing: Just like your washing machine and dishwasher, your pipes, faucets and showerheads can become clogged by scaly mineral deposits. Softer water means you’ll be calling the plumber less often.
- Hotter Water, Faster: Soft water heats up quicker than hard water. In fact, softening your water can increase efficiency for electric water heaters by 22%, and for gas-powered water heaters by 29%. Less energy used means less money spent!
- Lower Utility Bills: Besides the obvious decrease in water wasted while trying to get that tap to the perfect temperature (as explained in the benefit above), you’ll also be running the water less to carry out cleaning tasks, which means your water usage costs will decrease.
Are you ready to start using soft, pure water in your home? If so, contact one of our water specialists online or call us to schedule a complimentary water analysis with a member of the Aquarius Water Conditioning team.
For more information, check out our blog: Water Softener FAQs: Common Water Softening Questions Answered