Aquarius Water Conditioning Blog
Methods for Removing Hard Water Stains
August 7th, 2017 Aquarius Blog
Have you taken a look at your bathrooms, kitchen, and laundry room lately? How have you not noticed the water stains on all of the faucets, plumbing fixtures, and surfaces — they’re literally everywhere! If you’re wondering how you’re ever going to remove these ugly mineral spots, we’ve got you covered!
How to Remove Light Water Stains
- Mix together a half and half solution of white vinegar and water into a convenient spray bottle. This will allow for easy application of your natural cleaning solution.
- Generously spray your vinegar solution on every surface and fixture that currently harbors these ugly hard water stains. As long as the surface isn’t wooden, vinegar is safe to use on surfaces.
- Wipe away the vinegar with a clean cloth until all of the lighter water stains have disappeared.
- Use a separate clean, dry cloth to buff and shine your newly cleaned surfaces until they sparkle!
How to Remove Tough Water Stains
- Using your 50/50 vinegar and water solution, generously spray tougher hard water stains. However, you want to let this vinegar sit for roughly 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is up, wipe away the solution. If a hard water stain is still visible, consider soaking a small towel in vinegar and letting it sit atop the surface.
- Once the towel has been removed, use a small soft-thistled brush to scrub away at any thicker deposits.
- Again, use a separate clean, dry cloth to buff and shine your newly cleaned surfaces until they sparkle!
How to Prevent Hard Water Stains
- Quick Clean Up – After using any plumbing fixtures or appliances, wipe down any wet surfaces with a dry cloth before mineral deposits have a chance to settle.
- Softener Powder – For your washing machine, you can add a water softener powder or liquid to each load. This will prevent calcium deposits from building up within the machine.
- Water Softener System – The most effective way to prevent hard water stains is to install a home water softener. This whole house system will remove any mineral deposits from the water altogether. From here on out, you’ll enjoy healthier hair, skin, plumbing fixtures, and of course — a lot less of a mess!
Unsightly water stains can occur when you have hard water in your home — so it’s up to you to remove them. For those who want to remove these stains and deposits before they become major issues, allow Aquarius Water Conditioning to supply you with the answer! Testing for hard water is easy, and we even offer a complimentary water analysis! To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (888) 741-9025.