A whole house filtration system in Blaine, MN, is a device installed into a home’s main water supply line to filter all the water that enters the house. Aquarius Water Conditioning proudly carries high-quality Kinetico filtration systems that will remove impurities and contaminants from your water supply before you use it for drinking, cooking, and bathing.
Whole House Systems – The Basics
Several types of whole house filtration systems are available on the market, each with its unique set of features and benefits. Some of the most common types include:
- Sediment filters – These filters are designed to remove larger particles, such as dirt, sand, and rust, from the water supply. They typically use a mesh or pleated filter element to trap the impurities and can be easily replaced.
- Carbon filters – Carbon filters use activated carbon to remove impurities from the water. They effectively remove chlorine, chloramines, and other chemicals that can cause unpleasant tastes and odors. Carbon filters can also remove some heavy metals and other dissolved contaminants.
- Reverse osmosis (RO) filters – These filters use a semi-permeable membrane to remove impurities from the water. They effectively remove dissolved solids, such as salts, minerals, and other contaminants. However, they can also remove beneficial minerals from the water, so it is essential to use a remineralization filter or add back minerals to the water after filtration.
- Ultraviolet (UV) filters – UV filters use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in the water. These filters effectively remove harmful pathogens from the water, making it safe to drink.
- Combination filters – Some whole-house filtration systems combine two or more filters described above to provide a more comprehensive solution. For example, a system might include a sediment filter, a carbon filter, and a UV filter.
When choosing a whole house filtration system, it’s important to consider the specific needs of your household and get specialty water filters. For example, a UV filter might be a good choice if you have a private well and are concerned about bacteria. A carbon filter might be a better choice if you’re concerned about chlorine and other chemicals. Additionally, it’s essential to consider the size of your home and the flow rate of your water supply to ensure that your chosen system is the right size for your needs.
Another factor to consider is the maintenance required for the system. Most whole-house filtration systems require regular maintenance, such as replacing filters or cleaning the system. The frequency of maintenance will vary depending on the system and the quality of the water supply.
Overall, whole house filtration systems from Aquarius Water Conditioning are a great way to ensure that the water in your home is safe to drink, cook and bathe with. They can remove impurities and contaminants that can cause health problems, unpleasant tastes and odors, and damage to your plumbing and appliances. With the right system, you can have peace of mind knowing that your family is protected from the harmful effects of dirty water.
Learn more about a whole house water filtration system in Blaine, MN, by giving Aquarius Water Conditioning a call at (888) 741-9025 or contacting us online.