Water testing for contaminants in Braham, MN is always important. You could argue that it’s even more essential if you’re thinking of buying a home. Water quality can have a profound impact on the health and well-being of a household, so get in touch with Aquarius Water Conditioning for testing before finalizing a property purchase.
Why Water Testing is Important for Homebuyers
The water supply to a home is a fundamental component of daily life, used for drinking, cooking, bathing and other essential activities. Contaminated water can pose serious health risks, ranging from gastrointestinal issues to long-term health problems. Moreover, addressing water quality issues after purchasing a home can be a costly and time-consuming process.
Before closing a real estate deal, it’s crucial for homebuyers to understand the quality of the water they will be consuming and using in their new residence. Water testing provides valuable insights into potential contaminants that may be present, allowing buyers to make informed decisions about whether the property is the right fit for them.
Common Contaminants to Look for
These are just some of the contaminants that you should make sure aren’t in the water supply of a home you’re getting ready to buy.
- Lead: Homes built before the 1980s may have plumbing systems containing lead, which can leach into the water supply. Elevated levels of lead pose severe health risks, especially for children.
- Bacteria and microorganisms: Harmful bacteria such as E. coli or coliform bacteria can indicate fecal contamination. Additionally, other microorganisms like Giardia and Cryptosporidium may be present in untreated water sources.
- Nitrates: Common in agricultural areas, elevated nitrate levels can result from fertilizer runoff and can be harmful, particularly for infants.
- Arsenic: Naturally occurring in some groundwater, arsenic can be present in elevated levels, leading to long-term health issues.
- Chlorine and chloramine: While these are often added to municipal water supplies for disinfection, excessive levels can affect taste and odor.
While we can’t test for all contaminants at Aquarius Water Conditioning, we can check for most of them. For those we can’t, we’ll help you send a sample to a state-certified lab.
How to Go About the Testing Process
Here are a few tips on how to make sure the quality of water in the home you’re purchasing meets your standards.
- Hire a professional testing service: While there are DIY water testing kits available, hiring a professional water testing service is recommended for a comprehensive analysis.
- Request a water quality report: If the property is served by a municipal water supply, request a copy of the water quality report from the local water utility. This report typically details the results of regular testing conducted by the utility.
- Consider comprehensive testing: In addition to standard tests for bacteria, pH levels, and contaminants, consider more comprehensive testing for specific issues like radon, lead, or other potential local concerns.
- Get the results and take action: Once the test results are available, carefully review them and, if necessary, consult with Aquarius Water Conditioning experts to understand the implications. If contaminants are detected, evaluate the potential costs and efforts required for remediation.
Schedule water testing for contaminants in Braham, MN with Aquarius Water Conditioning. Doing so will give you a lot of peace of mind. Contact our Mora office online or call 877-690-5750 to get in touch.