You don’t have to put up with water hardness in Fridley, MN. Let an Aquarius Water Conditioning professional install a Kinetico softener. You’ll reap the benefits for years to come.
The Cost of Installing a Water Softener System in Your Home
The cost of installing a water softener system in your home can vary depending on several factors, including the type and size of the system, the complexity of the installation, and the location of your home.
Here are some factors that can impact the cost of installing a water softener system:
- Type of system: The type of water softener system you choose can impact the cost of installation. Basic systems that use salt and ion-exchange technology are typically less expensive than more advanced systems that use reverse osmosis or other advanced technologies.
- Size of system: The size of the water softener system you need will depend on the size of your home and the number of people living there. A larger system will cost more to install than a smaller one.
- Complexity of installation: If your home has complex plumbing or requires additional piping or electrical work, the installation cost will be higher.
- Location of home: The cost of living in your area can impact the cost of installation. In areas with higher living costs, installation may be more expensive.
While the cost of installing a water softener system can seem high, the benefits of softened water can outweigh the initial investment. Contacting a water softener installation company can help you determine the best system for your needs and budget.
How Often Should You Have Your Water Softener System Serviced?
To ensure that your water softener system continues to function correctly, it’s essential to have it serviced regularly. Here are some guidelines for how often you should have your water softener system serviced:
- Check the salt levels: Check the salt levels in your brine tank regularly, and add salt as needed. Depending on your usage and the size of your system, you may need to add salt every few months.
- Clean the resin tank: Over time, minerals can build up in your resin tank, reducing its effectiveness. It’s a good idea to have your resin tank cleaned every year or two to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
- Replace the filter: If your water softener system has a filter, it’s essential to replace it regularly. The frequency of filter replacements will depend on the type of filter and your usage, but it’s generally recommended to replace them every six months to a year.
- Test your water: It’s a good idea to have your water tested regularly to ensure that your water softener system is working correctly. You can do this yourself using a water testing kit or have a professional test your water for you.
- Have a professional service your system: It’s a good idea to have a professional service your water softener system every 2-3 years. During a service appointment, the technician will inspect and clean the system, replace any necessary parts, and ensure that it is functioning correctly.
Regular maintenance and service can help extend the life of your water softener system and ensure that it is providing you with softened water. Contacting a water softener installation company can help you schedule regular maintenance and service appointments.