Elk River, MN water hardness is more than an annoyance – it can cost you a great deal of money. Sure, things like spotted glasses and dishes are irritating, as are dry hair and itching skin. But hard water can damage your dishwasher, washing machine, water heater, and even your pipes. But Aquarius Water Conditioning has the answer – a water softener from Kinetico that will get rid of hard water once and for all.
What Causes Hard Water?
When water is pure, it only contains two elements – oxygen and hydrogen. But keeping water pure can be a challenge, to say the least.
Water must take a long trip from the source to your home. Along the way, it moves over rocks and through the soil, gathering minerals in the process. Two of these minerals, magnesium and calcium, are the main reasons water turns “hard.”
It’s important to note that hard water poses no health risks. It’s completely safe to drink, and it’s also safe to use when showering or bathing. But it does lead to some issues.
The Problems With Hard Water
You would think magnesium and calcium would be good in your drinking water. After all, these minerals are essential for your health. But when there’s an excess of these minerals in the water that comes into your home, that can be a frustrating problem. These are just a few of the reasons why this is the case.
- Hard water can make your hair more brittle. So if it seems that the hair on your head is breaking too easily, hard water could be the culprit.
- Do you feel a little sticky after you finish your bath or shower? There’s a good chance hard water is the reason.
- When you wash certain types of clothes, do they seem stiff after you lay them out or hang them up to dry? Again, hard water could be to blame.
- Hard water can also result in skin that itches because it’s too dry.
- It can also result in spots on your eating utensils, as well as your dishes and glasses after you wash them.
These are all annoyances and nothing more. You might not even really care about them. But you might not realize that hard water can also affect your bottom line.
How is this the case? Hard water deposits accumulate over time in the water lines that feed many of your appliances. As this accumulation continues year after year, the deposits start to clog those lines. Your appliances have to work much harder as a result, and they will be more prone to breaking down.
What You Can Do
If you see (or feel) the signs of hard water in your home, you should get in touch with Aquarius Water Conditioning as soon as possible. We can provide you with a Kinetico water softener that will eliminate your hard water problems for good. Kinetico systems are the best in the business – by far – and will provide you with reliable performance.