Aquarius Water Conditioning Blog
Eat These 10 Foods to Stay Hydrated All Day!
March 9th, 2018 Aquarius Blog
News flash! An estimated 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated, and that doesn’t just mean they’re thirsty. Oh no — dehydration can lead to serious fatigue and confusion, muscle cramps, dry eyes or blurred vision, and more.
We understand that sometimes drinking the recommended 8-10 cup of water per day can be daunting, which is why we’d assume so many Americans fall short. Fortunately, though, these 10 foods contain enough water to help you make sure your body is getting the fluids it requires for optimal health.
The Top 10 Hydrating Foods to Eat
- Cucumber: Did you know they’re comprised of approximately 96-percent water? Toss a few slices on a salad, eat them plain or put them into smoothies and juices. This refreshing vegetable is versatile, making it easy to work into your diet!
- Iceberg Lettuce: A favorite in salads and on sandwiches, this type of lettuce is approximately 95-percent water, and the most hydrating of all lettuce types. Shred it for an easy topping or use the leaves for wraps. (Mmmm!)
- Celery: This green vegetable is about 95-percent water. It’s also low in calories, making it an ideal choice for those watching their weight. It’s packed with vitamins K, C and A and works well as a satiating snack when combined with protein-rich peanut butter.
- Radishes: This spicy and sweet vegetable contains approximately 95-percent water. It’s a favorite in salads because it adds a burst of unique flavor. In addition to water, this red food is also rich in catechin and other antioxidants.
- Tomatoes: Comprised of about 94-percent water, tomatoes are a choice that work as a hydrating snack or ingredient. There are different varieties and they can be added to just about anything, such as soups, sandwiches, pastas and salads.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is a favorite on a hot day because its sweet flavor and water content of approximately 91-percent make it a refreshing treat. This fruit is also packed with lycopene, an antioxidant.
- Strawberries: With a water content of about 91-percent, strawberries are the perfect hydrating snack option. Eat them plain, toss them into a salad or use them to create a sweet, but healthy, smoothie. They’re also packed with fiber!
- Broccoli: This crunchy vegetable has a water content of about 90-percent. It’s also packed with potassium, vitamins C and A and fiber. It is a diverse choice that can be added to anything from pastas to salads.
- Grapefruit: This citrus fruit contains approximately 90-percent water. You can enjoy a tangy grapefruit alone for a quick snack, or add it to salads for extra flavor.
- Cantaloupe: This succulent melon contains about 90-percent water. It also provides a burst of vitamins C and A. It’s low in calories and pairs up well with other fruits and vegetables.
What’s your favorite way to hydrate? We may be biased, but we believe nothing beats a cold, crisp glass of filtered drinking water — Mmm, we can feel our mouth watering already!
Contact us for a free estimate today, to find out how we can bring purified water to your tap.