Does your home have hard water? If so, you’re probably experiencing problems with your skin and hair. Living in a home without a water softener doesn’t fare well for your skin, which is why every home with hard water should have one!
How Hard Water Hurts Your Skin
- Hard water contains more minerals than soft water (conditioned water) does. These minerals absorb the skin’s natural oils, breaking down its natural barrier.
- Dry skin will result from the constant use of hard water, which will lead to other types of skin conditions.
- When dry skin advances, cracks can develop. Now your skin is susceptible to allergens and bacteria. This is how eczema is usually developed.
- Not only does hard water increase a person’s chances of developing conditions like eczema, it will also further aggravate the symptoms. (Talk about a lose-lose!)
- The same minerals that cause dry skin can also combine with soap to create a soap scum. Soap scum can clog pores and leave a scummy residue on your skin and hair.
How Water Softeners Help Your Skin
- Once hard water is conditioned and transformed into soft water, all of the harmful minerals will no longer be coming into contact with your skin and hair.
- The softening of water and removal of minerals will prevent soap scum from being produced, allowing your pores to remain unclogged.
- The lack of minerals will also prevent your skin from drying out and developing any sort of skin condition, like eczema.
- Since your body’s natural oils won’t be stripped away, your skin and hair will remain soft, smooth, and shiny!
A home without a water softener will leave your family with skin and hair that’s in poor health. When you’re interested in installing a new water softener or whole house filtration system, contact Aquarius Water Conditioning. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 1-888-741-9025.