Many people believe pool chlorine is all they need to worry about. But did you know even small amounts of chlorine in your drinking and shower water could damage your hair, skin, and nails? No matter how diligent you are, nothing can help until you address the amount of chlorine in your home’s water!
Poor Hair, Skin, and Nail HealthChlorine can wreak havoc on your hair, skin, and nails. Your hair can turn dull and fragile, which may lead to breakage and thinning. Chlorine can also irritate sensitive skin and nails, causing them to feel dry and brittle.
Dull LaundryOver-chlorination can turn your white clothes dingy and make them look stained or worn out. You may also notice your dark and bright clothes appearing washed out and lifeless.
Pipe DamageChlorine alone is not always the culprit, but at times, it is a catalyst for pipe damage. Too much chlorine in your water supply can lead to pipe corrosion, which in turn can allow lead, copper, and iron to make their way into your drinking water. Yuck!
Signs of Over-Chlorinated Water
- Hazy or cloudy water
- Discolored water, typically yellow or brown
- The smell of chlorine
- Stubborn, brown rust stains on drains, tubs, and toilets
- Dull hair
- Soap residue
Make Your Water SafeHaving a whole house water filtration system installed is one way to ensure the safety of your water supply. We recommend using a reverse osmosis (R.O.) process that removes the contaminants from all taps.
Reverse Osmosis Removes: