Water, quite literally, makes the world go round, so it makes sense that you would want the water you use in your home to be the best quality possible. But what if we told you that different areas of your home can benefit from different kinds of water. Well, you may end up wondering what the best water to use around your home is.
In Your Kitchen
You’ll definitely want to have soft, filtered water to use in your kitchen. While there’s a laundry list of reasons why, these are some of the top ones:
- Soft water can help food taste better. When you wash your foods in soft water, you prevent hard water minerals from getting onto your them — and when your food isn’t affected by those minerals, they generally taste better.
- Hard water dirties your glasses. No one wants to drink out of a wine glass that is cloudy and covered in calcium spots. Washing your dishes in soft water helps keep them sparkling.
- Unfiltered water isn’t healthy. If you’re drinking unfiltered tap water, you could potentially be ingesting dozens of unhealthy minerals, bacteria, chemicals, or mold.
In Your Bathroom
Again, it’s best to use soft water in this part of your home. Here’s why:
- Soft water works better with soap. Using hard water won’t fully wash away shampoo, body wash, and soap, leaving your hair and skin feeling dry.
- Hard water can clog your plumbing. The mineral deposits in hard water can build up inside your pipes and cause clogs and other damage to your plumbing.
- Hard water leaves unsightly calcium spots. As the minerals in hard water build up on your fixtures, you’ll start to see white calcium spots all over your fixtures.
In Your Laundry Room
You guessed it — soft water. Soft water works better with your detergent and helps keep
For Your Plants
This is where any water may do. Plants are used to taking in regular rain water, so using unfiltered, hard water to water them is typically fine. However, if you know your water contains a high concentration of minerals that may harm your plants or you have delicate plants, you’re better off using soft, filtered water to keep them safe.
At Aquarius Water Conditioning, we can perform a free water analysis and install a water filtration system best suited for your home’s needs. For the best water in Minnesota and Wisconsin, give us a call at 888-741-9025.