Here at Aquarius Water Conditioning, we take water seriously and firmly believe that it should never be wasted! Not only is wasting water a very un-environmentally friendly practice, but it can put a serious damper on your water bill as well. Lucky for you, we know a few ways to conserve water at home more easily.
- Be mindful of leaks. First and foremost, it’s important to make sure your plumbing is working properly in order to avoid wasting water. A faucet that drips at one drip per second can waste over 3,000 gallons per year.
- Bring a bucket. You know the cold water that comes out of the tap when you first turn on the shower? Instead of letting it run down the drain, use a bucket to catch it and reuse it for gardening or hand washing delicate clothing later on.
- Be speedy. Whether showering, brushing your teeth or washing your hands, be as quick as you can. If possible, turn the water off in between tasks, like brushing, rinsing, soaping, or shaving.
- Feed plants pasta. Not actual pasta, but the water that’s left behind when you’re done cooking the pasta. Just be sure you allow ample time for it to cool off beforehand, as boiling water can be harmful to foliage.
- Wait on those dishes. Instead of running your washer at half-capacity, make sure you’ve fully filled up the wracks before you pop it on. The same goes for your laundry.
- Fill up the sink. No dishwasher, no problem — unless of course you let the water run while you wash dishes by hand. Instead, fill your sink with soapy water and use that to wash your dishes. Then give them all a quick spray rinse. This works even better with a double sink!
- Harvest rainwater. Many homeowners opt to use their gutter system to catch rainwater in barrels for reuse, and some even incorporate this water into their sprinklers for watering. Why not? It’s free and environmentally friendly!
- Treat your water. Most homes deal with hard water to some degree. Among many other benefits, installing a water softener means it will take less water to clean or shower efficiently.
Interested in learning more about installing a water softener in your home? Allow the water specialists at Aquarius Water Conditioning to provide a free water analysis to determine your best course of action. That way, you can start softening, and more importantly, start saving!
For more information, or to schedule your complimentary water analysis call 888-741-9025 now!