It’s World Water Day, and we couldn’t be more excited! Not only is water the driving force behind all life, but having clean, running water also makes our day-to-day tasks a whole lot easier.
Unfortunately, though water is considered a renewable resource, it’s still very scarce in certain parts of the world. Consider this: only 3% of the Earth’s water is freshwater, and ⅓ of that is usable for drinking water. For that reason, water conservation is absolutely key, and we’ve got some great tips to help you do your part at home:
- Don’t let water run while not in use. That means when brushing your teeth, washing your face or dishes, and even while in the shower. Instead of allowing water to run unused, turn it off in between brushing, soaping and rinsing. You’d be surprised how much you save.
- Use your shower water wisely. We’re not suggesting you reuse the water you bathe with, though that’s completely fine to do too! Rather, we suggest you grab a trusty bucket to catch water when you turn on the shower faucet. That way, the water wasted while you’re waiting for it to warm up can be reused for cleaning or gardening later on.
- Fix those sneaky leaks! On top of it being World Water Day, it also happens to be EPA WaterSense’s Fix a Leak Week. How about that for perfect timing? Simply fixing that slow drip or detecting a leaky pipe, toilet or faucet can mean big water savings for both the earth, and your wallet.
- Use water-related appliances wisely. Don’t run your dishwasher or washing machine with only half a load. Instead, wait until you’re able to wash a full load all at once. Your machine can’t detect a half load, which means if you wash two halves instead of a whole, you’ll be using double the water — yikes!
- Purchase water-efficient items. From showerheads, faucets and hoses, to toilets, washing machines and dishwashers, there are a wide variety of water-efficient products out there to choose from to help you save.
- Invest in water conditioning. Softening your water will make it more effective when it comes to cleaning, along with providing many other fantastic benefits down the line. Water filtration systems allow you to have clean, fresh tasting water coming right from your tap. So you can say goodbye to bottled water once and for all!
Whether it’s water softening or a drinking water system you’re after, or perhaps you’re looking for a whole house water filtration solution, Aquarius Water Conditioning has got you covered! For more than 30 years we’ve been serving folks in the Wisconsin and Minnesota areas, and doing our part to both conserve and contribute fresh water to homes in our service area.
For more information about our water conditioning services, dial 888-741-9025 or contact us online to schedule your FREE quote.