Aquarius Water Conditioning Blog
7 Simple Ways to Drink More Water
July 13th, 2016 Aquarius Blog
You’ve heard it time and time again, drinking the recommended 8-10 glasses of water per day is crucial for your health, but we understand that it might not be your first choice when you hit the fridge. If you don’t particularly fancy a cold crisp glass of water — though we can’t imagine why! — here are a few ways to help incorporate more H2O into your daily routine with ease.
- Give it some flavor. If you’re used to drinking soda and juice, you may feel like water just doesn’t have enough oomph. Well, to that we say, sprucing up your water is absolutely allowed! Not only will it pack your water with a little more punch, but adding fresh fruits, veggies and herbs to the mix can also be beneficial for your health.
- Add extra ice. Not sure if you can commit to completely subbing out sugary drinks for water just yet? At the very least, toss in some extra ice to water them down. You can even pour some additional water in if you’re feeling daring.
- Eat hydrating foods. That’s right! Drinking water isn’t the only way to stay hydrated — you can eat your way to a healthy daily water intake as well. Think about those refreshing fruits and veggies — grapefruits, cucumbers, watermelons. These are all made of more than 90% water.
- Keep water on hand. Purchase a reusable water bottle, carry around a gallon or set up a water bottle station by the front door for easy grab-and-go. It can be hard to remember to get up and get water throughout the day, but making sure you have it easily accessible at all times just makes you that much more likely to drink up!
- Get into a routine. Bathroom break? Grab a glass of water on the way back. Out to dinner? Order a glass of water and finish it before ordering a soda. Set certain “rules” for yourself, and stick to them. Before you know it, drinking more water will become a part of your daily regimen.
- Track your progress. It seems as though there’s an app for everything these days, including one to help you track how much water you drink each day. It’s easy — just download a free app like Daily Water Free or Carbodroid and start tracking and setting reminders for yourself.
- Install a filtration system. Wouldn’t you be more apt to drink up if you had the best tasting water on the block? Well, with a in-home water filtration system, you absolutely can!
Anxious to learn more about what a water filtration system in your home can offer? Sign up for a free, no-obligation water analysis from Aquarius Water Conditioning now! Simply fill out a contact form online or give us a call at 888-741-9025 to request your FREE water test today.